Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sneezing, Killing And Dying

One of my friends told me this just yesterday. A very naughty fellow he was and is. I told him not to bestow upon his innocent newborn son even 0.1% of the naughtiness. Just the 0.1% would be more than enough to turn the entire place naughty. He is a Tamilian. Many years ago, the naughty boy just got admission. Day one in school and he must have done something naughty. Suddenly he starts screaming, "Teacher, he's killing me. Teacher, he's killing me". The teacher was surprised. She could not make out what went wrong with the boy. The little one continued screaming, "Teacher, he's killing me". What was the matter? The word "kill" in Tamil means "pinch". The other boy was pinching him.

Another friend disliked one of his classmates in college, a girl named Archana. We were in the bus. I was sleeping and suddenly he says, "Archu, Archu". "What?", I asked him. I thought he had suddenly started liking her. She must have done something nice to impress him. I looked around. She wasn't there. "Are you missing Archana?" I asked. He looked at me scornfully. "I was just mimicing that person sitting behind. He was sneezing", he replied. As I'm writing this, yet another friend comes and sits next to me. He says, "Come, let's die". He says that to everyone. He says it all the time. Nothing new. But, this time I told him, "Wait". I looked at this other friend (the bus friend or in other words, Archana's best friend :-) ) and asked, "Do you want to die? My friend needs company". This fellow immediately shouts, "No. I'm still young". He covers his head with both hands. He was thinking of "dye" (hair dye), and not "die". He was just trying to cover the gray hair on his head.

4 comments:

  1. Are you talking about K'san?? :D This sounds just like him!! :) LOL at killing!! :D Hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ramesh for the lol and smiley. It came in when I was beginning to think that everyone had stopped reading my blog :)

    Whoa Ashwini!!! Not bad!! You still remember people here and even the way they speak. 100 marks for guessing it right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I do!! And I doubt anyone can forget him of all people!! :D

    ReplyDelete