Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goli Soda's Guitar Retired

Characters:
1. Ms. Goli Soda
2. Ms. Dee
3. Mr. Uncle Sam (Let the 'uncle' not misguide you. He's not old :-) )
4. I (i.e; Deepthi)

Goli Soda's guitar had been given for repair long long ago. Finally, on Friday, we decided that Saturday would be the most auspicious day to collect it. I met Uncle Sam half way through. Goli Soda would be coming with Dee. Four of us to collect one guitar!! It was an antique piece; an extremely expensive branded classical guitar. As usual, it took long for Goli Soda to reach the place. She was coming on her bike. Uncle Sam and I felt very hungry. The parking lots in the entire city were not ready to accommodate Santa, Goli Soda's bike. Actually, it wasn't the parking problem. She had left home half an hour after telling us that she was on her way. We were almost winding up at Green Onion when the two friends arrived. That was the first time Uncle Sam and I were meeting Dee. It was strange. I didn't know there could be someone else as sweet as Goli Soda. They too ate and we were about to leave when Dee reminded, "What about the guitar?". We had forgotten!!! The main purpose of our meeting was lost. Corner House was our next destination where we relished the ice cream and the Goli Soda-Dee college stories. Next, we walked to the guitar shop. Uncle Sam started exhibiting his talent. Goli Soda wanted to learn to play 'Summer of 69' and Dee wanted to learn 'Hotel California'. The bribing and bargaining for teaching the two songs took some time. Uncle Sam, I'm sure, enjoyed the pampering. As we came out, I thought of going for the Sunday obligation mass on Saturday itself. Mass was about to begin and the church was right there. Also, I would be working the next day and it would be too tiring to go to church after work. There was another choice. Going to the supermarket. My sister's friends were coming home and she wanted me to buy chicken. Goli Soda said, "Buy chicken. I'll drop you". She promised Uncle Sam the same thing. "My Santa!! Three of us will easily fit in", she said. We waited till Dee got her bus and left after that. Uncle Sam rode the bike, while I sat in the middle and Goli Soda behind. The way she just slipped off the bike, every time the cops were around, was very funny. I held the guitar horizontally in my right hand. But, as Goli Soda was finding it difficult to sit, I had to hold it vertically in my left hand. My left hand, as usual, displayed no strength. We were half way through when the bike went very close to a gravel pillar. The guitar banged onto it, then bounced back and hit Goli Soda's knee. She jumped off the bike in pain. She was hurt; badly hurt. The guitar was gone. It was damaged beyond repair. I still hope it can be repaired. The ANTIQUE, EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE BRANDED CLASSICAL GUITAR was gone. "Sorry" was all that I could say :( Goli Soda said, "Forget it. Let's go now. It's not your fault". Had it been my guitar, I really don't know how I would react to the situation. The sweet darling only smiled.

Later we thought, "What if Dee had not reminded us about the guitar? What if I had gone to church instead of the supermarket? What if I had held the guitar in my right hand?". All this would not have happened. But NO!! May be, all this was bound to happen. God saved us. Something worse could have happened. Goli Soda only hurt her knee. What if we had fallen off the bike, on the road?? God saved us!!! Thank you Lord.

8 comments:

  1. OK editor ji in action...keep it up buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!! not this pic Deeep... PHUlllezzeeee...


    hmmm.. nw when i think of the entire episode - hehehhe was too thrillin...

    mayb.. the guitar had to crash dat way....

    hehhehe.... was fun! - that day... but everytym i pass that rd (everyday:(.. i get to the depression mode...


    and u better tk this pic off.. i'll sedn some nice pics of us....:P..


    NOT THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ........


    and may my poor guitar RUST/rest in Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was expecting it to turn out to be a clown act and boy, was I horrified!! Poor Goli Soda's guitar but the good thing is all three of you are unhurt! May the Good Lord bless Goli with a better guitar for being the sweetheart that she is! :-)

    PS: Please dont't pull the threesome bike stunt again, it scares the bejabbers off me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God Bless goli n soda n the injured guitar n the wounded hearts of Deep n Samm..


    dear God n Santa - plz gift Goli a guitar this christmas,...

    N santa dear, also send a big bag of huggs n love to Ashwini for bein such a sweethearrtt...(this is in simple terms - BRIBE.. n bribe for dos A***** chocolates..:PPP) kidn..

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( The action was completely unintentional Ramesh.

    Eh Goli Soda!!! You wanted a pic of yours. This is the perfect one. You, your santa and Dee; all three in one pic. Ha ha ha...And, you only publicized it. No one knew you were goli soda and the pic was yours.

    Unfortunately it wasn't a clown act Ashwini:(
    God bless Goli Soda and her guitar and Dee and Uncle Sam and Deepthi......

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEepthi P Alvares - not this pic but another Nice, cute is wat i wanted.... u neva kno - i might find my prince charmin through ur blogs,,:P

    and... hmmmmmm spankings is wat u shudd get now!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey buddy Deepthi, where is the next post? buck up...fans r waiting..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture is nice Shine :) I won't get another as perfect as this.

    Ha ha ha Ramesh. Next post; on it's way...............................

    ReplyDelete