Friday, October 23, 2009

Me or I?

What's right? Me or I? My English teacher was always right and she averred the difference between 'me' and 'I' with the following canard. St. Peter stood at the gates of heaven. Scores of people waited anxiously to get in. 'Who's next? Who's next?' asked Peter. 'It's me, it's me' came voices in unison. Peter was in a bind, when, from the far end came one shrill voice, 'It's I'. Peter sighed 'Oh! Yet another English teacher'. We often use 'me' instead of 'I'. The tale, though untrue, taught me the difference. You and I need to know the difference. It isn't 'You and me need to know the difference'. Have a great day!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know the difference betwn Me and I. Hope no one make the same mistake after reaching the gates of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that it helped you Jaison :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful posts.. I had read it on my mobile when onboard but could not comment.....Decided to do it on the first opportunity.. Pls post more...Pls

    ReplyDelete