Monday, October 26, 2009

Get Two At The Cost Of One!!


The chief pleasure in eating does not consist in costly seasoning, or exquisite flavor, but in yourself. We go to restaurants quite often now. Eating at home is a thousand times better than eating outside. However, it wasn't the same when we were kids. We relished even the insipid food served by waiters. Mom's food, though the best, failed to excite our taste buds. We went shopping one fine evening and mommy asked if we liked to eat outside.

In no time our eyes twinkled as the giant hot crispy masala dosas were placed right in front of us. Seeing is deceiving. It's eating that's believing. We started eating, and, as usual the taste was divine. Just then, one of us discovered something. No, not I. My sister discovered this tiny fly in her dosa. 2 options: Pay the bill and walk away quietly, or, call the waiter right away and fire him. But she didn't do either. Mentally, a circle of diameter 5 cms was drawn with the fly as centre. The rest of the dosa; happily eaten. She was happy; but not happy enough. At the end of it, she now tells mommy about the dear departed fly. Mommy calls the waiter. Mr. waiter sees the fly. "Sorry madame, will get you another one" he says. Happy ending. The moppet smiles with dimples on both cheeks. Lucky girl must say!! Today, finding a fly would be a different story. But at that time, I had wondered why the fly hadn't fallen in my plate. Why? Why? Why? :-) And, how did she manage to eat two BIG dosas? I wonder how. How? How?

7 comments:

  1. I saw the pic and exactly knew what I was going to read. Neatly written :) Loved all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhehehe.. nice one....

    so much for the Fly-ing masala dosa:)))


    and u HAVE TO cum to airlines for the BESST masala dosa:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can pose better with the Masla dosa... some phirag's pic and all u've put.. eeeewwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mrs.Roche :-) First of all, I hoped you wouldn't read it and secondly, if you did, I expected a totally different reaction :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Shine, plz send me your masala dosa pic. I shall put it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww!!! must say very well written.....i'l bet if tht fly was on ur dosa u would never finish da second one:-)lucky sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Karishma.
    Karishma, I have a very good appetite. Not just two; even three dosas can easily enter my tummy :-)

    ReplyDelete