Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Know What Happened On Fool's Day


I wasn't born then. But I know what happened.

It was the 1st of April, 1984. Popeye and Olive were returning from church. Monday to Saturday; spinach is fine. But on a Sunday; red meat is a must. On their way back, they picked up a packet of pork. Now, Popeye must have hustled to get back home. It was a bike and not the sailor's usual mode of transport. There came a turn on the road. And, there they were; down on the road. The packet of pork all shattered. Passersby helped the two. They weren't too hurt. But Popeye still looked worried. The reason? He was worried about the expectant mother who was sitting behind him and had now fallen with him. They rushed to the hospital and were relieved to a certain extent when the doc said ‘everything is fine’. I, a eight and a half month healthy baby was born a month later. But, I swear, I swear; I did not kick mommy and push her off the bike. Believe me, it was the oil on the road that pushed them. Yes, Olive is my mommy's name. Popeye is not daddy's name though. And yes, if at any point of time you feel there's something missing in me, blame the half month. I came into this world a little earlier than I was supposed to. Right now, friends say I don't know to eat properly. Blame the half month. I talk or write rubbish? Blame the half month. Coz that's what the baby is supposed to learn in the mother's womb during the last half month :-)

10 comments:

  1. i lowweeee this... it is sooooooooo true...

    blamin the half month - for no brain found as well:P, n lack of hormones...:PPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice...! But dont blame the half month for all ur mistakes. To be true you hardly make mistakes. Keep blogging... Wish u all the best. Hope u will be a great author one day and become popular.......Half Month Crack by Deepthi Alvares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jaison :-)
    And Shine, I have a brain....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billlu....

    sowwie.. no brain found... still blaming the half month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey its reality and its the real fact of human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no.... Now I think I need to say I learnt everything that I was supposed to learn before coming out into this world. Deepthi can walk, talk and eat - PERFECT!! She has a nice brain too. No defects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that’s what you call a cryptic blog abt self.. Too gud.. I agree wid u shiny :) But brain part!!! tats not rite.. n yessss.. Deepthi can walk n talk.. BUT EAT?????? Wel am not the right person to comment but shiny ji u can :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mamtajiiiiiiiiii..... What an insult!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Deepthi. Great to know that u have started writing. Good. Didnt read it completely. I will on weekends

    ReplyDelete