Friday, October 23, 2009

A Lot Can Happen Over Coffee

Can anything really happen over coffee? Does love bloom or can a cup of coffee mend broken hearts?
As the coffee brewed I paced into the kitchen, poured it into a thermos flask and got ready to go. My aunt was in a medical facility for care and treatment of a formidable disease. I waited everyday to visit her, to talk to her, to see her smile in spite of the pain she was undergoing. I carefully poured the coffee into two cups after exchanging greetings. Just then, my Uncle, my aunt's cousin entered. Something that I am not aware of had put the two cousins at loggerheads. They hadn't spoken to each other for long and he came to visit her after 3 long years. I wasn't too happy to see him. All the more, I was perplexed and didn't know how to react. Slowly and silently I left the room and spent time walking on the corridor. I returned after twenty minutes. To my surprise, I saw the two sipping on coffee. They happily laughed telling tales of their childhood. They spoke about those sweet cherished moments as they quaffed the coffee with gusto. My happiness knew no bounds. The scene touched my heart.
I now believe a lot can happen over coffee. A cup of coffee can bring a smile; it can mend broken hearts.

11 comments:

  1. Plz note - this is an award winning article..:))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. shudd have put my pic here... for - a lot can happen over coffeee..:))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will surely put your pic Suhasini. But not here. It will be there if I write anything about KFC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, this is interesting. Do you remember something what happened at coffee day when we had been there with our team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Sahi, I do remember :-) Your one-man show was awesome. How can I forget it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say tooo cool.. Wel no room for tea ??.. or our lunch time break :).. Write sumting on tes topics.. I wil give u an interesting topic for our lunch break soon:) Bdy wen wil new things happen in ur life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will soon come up with something Mamta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very true!!! Good one Deepthi...

    ReplyDelete